I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 17 June 2011

What is forgiveness?

Colossians 1:22 - "But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation"

Forgiveness means that God sees you as never having sinned. When you receive his forgiveness, you are totally blameless before him. When God forgives, he doesn't just partially get rid of your sins, they are well and truly swept away down the river.

Colossians 2:13 - "When you were dead and in your sins in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,"

When we have sinned and we are conscious of it, we can sometimes feel really guilty about it. Forgiveness brings great joy because it releases you from the guilt and you cease to be a slave to your sinful nature.

Acts 2:38 - "Peter replied, 'Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'"

God forgiving you for your sins allows you to receive his gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit taps you into the very power of God to help you battle against temptation and to guide you through life.

Romans 10:9-10 - "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Forgiveness for your sins is the only way that you can be assured of receiving eternal life in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment