I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 25 July 2011

Who is the Holy Spirit?

Luke 24:49 - "Jesus said, 'I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.' "

Ephesians 1:14 - "who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to praise of his glory."

God is three persons in one - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. God became a human being in Jesus so that Jesus could die for the sins of the world. Jesus rose from the dead to offer salvation to all people through spiritual rebirth. When Jesus ascended into heaven, his physical presence left the earth, but he promised to send the Holy Spirit so that his spiritual presence would still be among his people.

The Holy Spirit became available to all believers first at Pentecost. Whereas in the Old Testament days, the Holy Spirit only empowered certain individuals for specific purposes. Now all believers have the power of the Holy Spirit available to them.

Ephesians 3:16 - "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,"

The Holy Spirit is the power of God that lives in every believer. When you give control of your life over to the Holy Spirit, he releases his power within you - power to resist temptation, to serve and love God and others even when you are at the end of your tether, to have wisdom in all circumstances, and to persevere in living for God now with the promise of eternal life after.

No comments:

Post a Comment