I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 16 July 2011

God's will for your life

Psalm 119:9 - "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your Word."

Psalm 119:105 - "You word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

Philippians 2:13 - "for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."

Proverbs 3:6 - "In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

1 Thessalonians 4:3 - "It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;"


 

If you believe in God, you probably asked "What is God's will for my life?" many times. The notion of God's will is pretty vague and it would be so much easier if He would just give us a very clear and direct, divine sign.

The truth is that God has already given you not just a sign but a whole set of directions that will keep you in his will. The Bible is God's written Word, and it contains a multitude of clear rules and guidelines for you to follow;

-love your neighbours and your enemies

-tell the truth

-discover your spiritual gifts and use them

-remain faithful

-don't let money control you

-let the Holy Spirit control your life

...and the list goes on. These are all God's will for your life.

In addition to these directions that God created for all people, he also created for you a specific purpose and he calls you to do certain tasks to make your small part of the world a better place. By following God's vague directions you will discover the more specific plans that he has for you.

God's will for you today is to obey him, to serve others, to read his Word and to do what is right. Do these things today and you are doing God's will. Do these things tomorrow and forevermore and you will never be out of his will. Then when he calls you to do something specific for him, you will be close enough to hear his voice and wise enough to respond to it.


 

Be still and listen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment