I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 25 July 2011

Being tested

1 Peter 1:7 - "These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed."

The devil tempts to destroy our faith, but God tests to strengthen and purify it. Temptations try to make you quit. Testing helps you to endure and not quit.

Hebrews 11:8 - "By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

God may test you through incomplete information to see how strong your faith in him really is. You don't need to know everything about God's ways to trust his promises that he will do what is best for you.

God may test you through silence. Sometimes what God does not say may be more effective in getting your attention.

Genesis 22:9-10 - "When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son."

God may test you through sacrifice as he did with Abraham. What you give up for God reveals more than what you keep for yourself.

God may also test you through problems and trials, even persecution. Whilst no one wants troubles in life, most of us desire the healthy benefits and rewards they bring.

2 Corinthians 12:7-9 - "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

God may test you through your weaknesses. Only when you acknowledge your weaknesses can you invite God's strength to work through you. He may test you through life choices. The road you choose will always determine the destination you reach. The choices you make will always determine the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment