I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 2 July 2011

Are values so important?

Are values so important?

2 Chronicles 19:9 - "He gave them these orders: 'You must serve faithfully and wholeheartedly in the fear of the Lord.'"

Luke 12:34 - "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

1 Corinthians 16:13 - "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love."


 

Answer these questions:

-How do you spend most of your free time?

-Who is your favourite entertainer?

-Who are your best friends?

-What is the main thing that you think about?

-How do you spend your money?

Your answers to these questions will show what you value most in life. Whatever you consider important, useful and worth a lot is what you value. Some people are described as having no values, but that is inaccurate. Everyone has values whether good or bad ones or if they realise them or not.

The problem comes when you do not value what God says is best for you; instead, you let the world's values shape you. Your values are clearly visible to those around you, because what you do, how you spend your time and money, and what you talk about show exactly what you value.

When you value God the most, this will be reflected in the words you speak and how you spend your time, energy and money. When you love the Lord, obey him wholeheartedly, trust him with your future, and serve him and others, you are displaying Godly values, and your life will be purposeful in a powerful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment