I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 25 July 2011

When do I receive the Holy Spirit?

Ephesians 1:13-14 - "And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of his glory."

God gave you the Holy Spirit when you first believed in Jesus Christ. In fact, it was through the promptings of the Holy Spirit that you were able to believe in Jesus.

The gift of the Holy Spirit was promised long ago but was not made available to all believers until Jesus Christ was resurrected and ascended into heaven.

Though the Holy Spirit lives within you, you pray expectantly that God will release more and more of the Spirit's power in your life.

Luke 12:11-12 - "When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."

The Lord gives you an extra measure of the Holy Spirit whenever you need special power and courage to witness for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment