I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Job 2

The Book of Job in its entirety teaches us great lessons about the relationship between Satan and God and how that affects Man. We witness the deep and bitter hatred that Satan has for all of mankind when he afflicted Job after God offered him up as a sacrifice to the devil for fear that the whole of humanity would be compromised forevermore.


 

During this torture, Job showed amazing commitment to God and used his knowledge that He would always do right by him . He understood that God has the right to allow bad things to happen in our lives and even though we mere mortals may not understand what is going on, we do know that God only allows what is right and with purpose to us. By God granting his permission for Satan to test Job with every possible mortal means, Satan was forced to realise the futility of his methods of destroying faith.


 

Job's wife, upon seeing him in such pain urged him to curse God, which would result in Job's death, but also in the end of his suffering. Job refused and accused his wife of being foolish. She was trying to make Job act unrighteous which in itself just ends up showing her lack of righteousness for having dared to even suggest the idea.


 

Job's sufferings may have been created by God for the purpose of showing Satan that sufferings and hardships are not the best ways to weaken and destroy faith. In fact, it is popularity, wealth, power and glory that are the most likely human conditions that lead to loss of faith and the rejection of God.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment