I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 16 July 2011

The Importance of Thankfulness

Psalm 50:23 - "He who sacrifices thank-offerings honours me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God."

Psalm 92:1 - "It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High,"

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."


 

Thankfulness has an effect on the way you look at the circumstances of your life. Gratitude and praise connect you to the source of real joy. Whereas complaining connects you to unhappiness.

When you make being thankful a regular part of your life, you stay focused on what God has done and continues to do for you. Expressing gratitude for God's help is a form of worship. When you give thanks to God, you honour and praise him for what he has done, in your life, in the lives of others and in the world. In the same way, you honour others when you give thanks to them, respecting them for who they and for what they have done.

This attitude of gratitude prevents you from expecting others to serve you and allows you to enjoy whatever blessings come your way. An attitude of thankfulness not only brings blessings into your life but blesses with appreciation and honour.


 

Be thankful and be blessed!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment