I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 3 July 2011

Do Christians sin?

John 16:33 - "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Romans 7:20 - "Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I that does it, but it is sin living in me that does it."

Sin will always be a struggle because no one is perfect. However, if you have placed your faith in Jesus, he guarantees victory over sin. All Christians sin, but because you are a Christian you have the help of Jesus to stop sin from controlling you. Then, once you are in the next life, you will overcome sin forever.

Sin loses its influence over you as you increasingly yield your life to the control of the Holy Spirit. The spirit of God living in you reduces the urge to sin and increases your hunger for God.

Matthew 18:21-22 - "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy seven times. '"

Ephesians 1:7 - "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace"

No matter how awful your past has been or how many sins you have committed, if you approach God with an attitude of humble sincerity and confess your sins, he will forgive you. Some people think that their sins are too bad to be forgiven, but this is minimising the power of Jesus' death and resurrection which he did for you.

Joel 2:32 - "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Mark 3:28 - "I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven."

Romans 8:38 - "Nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love."

Forgiveness is not based on the magnitude of the sin but on the magnitude of the forgiver's love. There is no sin too great for our awesome God's complete and unconditional love. God's love is his motivation for his forgiveness. He wants a relationship with you more than anything, and he is happy to forgive you for any sin, no matter how terrible, if you simply long for a closer relationship with him and seek his forgiveness.


 

Accept that you are not perfect but that Jesus adores you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment