I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 16 July 2011

Feeling guilty about sinning

Leviticus 5:5 - "When anyone is guilty in any of these ways, he must confess in what way he has sinned,"

Jeremiah 3:13 - "Only acknowledge your guilt, you have rebelled against the Lord your God."

1 John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

A guilty conscience is a warning signal that God has built into you to make sure you know when you have done something wrong. God often uses the feeling of guilt to let you know when it is the right time to say 'sorry'.

If you don't act quickly you will become desensitised to your feelings and therefore will not act upon them.

Confession indicates your desire to make things right and to be forgiven. During confession with God, He removes your guilt, restores your joy and he heals broken relationships with those you have wronged.

No matter how often you fail God, as long as you seek forgiveness, you don't need to continue to feel guilty about what you have done, as God has already forgotten about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment