I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 2 July 2011

Accountability and its importance

Psalm 26:2 - "Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;"

Proverbs 27:6 - "Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses."

The purpose of life, both on this earth and in eternity, is to honour our awesome God. But how do you know if you are doing it well and who is helping you?

You need someone to keep you accountable. You also need God himself to hold you accountable. You don't want to have to wait until the end of your life to find out from God if you have lived your life well or not.

God to him now, by reading his Word, to make you sure that your thoughts, words and actions fit with his and are honouring him. Ask your Christian brothers and sisters how you are doing. Accountability keeps you honest, joyful and on the right path so that when you come face to face with your maker, you can be sure that he will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment