I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Getting rid of Guilt

Psalm 19:12-13 - "Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from wilful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression."

Romans 3:23-24 - "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through redemption that came by Jesus Christ."

Guilt comes from the act of doing something wrong. When we do something which is wrong, a feeling of guilt arises within us. Since no one is perfect and you cannot totally avoid sinning, you will always have guilt. That is of course, unless you confess your sins to God and make things right with those you have sinned against. This is the one and only way to free yourself from the heavy burdens that guilt puts on you. Getting rid of guilt is one of the major steps towards recovery of your life because this gives you the freedom to move on and make that fresh start in your life.

Psalm 51:7 - "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

Acts13:39 - "Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses."

Guilt totally disappears when you are forgiven. Sometimes, if you have confessed your sins to God and others, you may still experience unpleasant feelings, these are probably shame and regret over what you did or the lingering consequences of your actions. Along with confessing your sins, you need to ask God to help you get rid of your shame and regret as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment