I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 11 July 2011

God's plan for us

Did God really want me to be born? Does he have a plan for me?

Psalm 139:13-16 - "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my uniformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Jeremiah 1:5 - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

God knew you inside out before you were born. Your birth was not an accident, He wanted you in this world and he has awesome plans for your very special life.

The Bible talks about God having both a general plan and a specific plan for your life. He wants you to follow a certain path toward his desired purpose for you. God isn't just focused on the end result though. He cares about and is interested in all the details along the way. God always shows his love both in the big ventures and the smaller details.

Psalm 138:8 - "The Lord will fulfil his purpose for me"

God's plan for your life is not an ill thought out, production line type plan that you must follow. Instead, you will embark on a journey filled with various important destinations and appointments. There will of course be a huge amount of freedom as to the pace and scope of the adventurous journey. You will begin to realise early on that God's plan for you will always have an air of mystery, but rest assured that he will continue to guide you as long as you put your faith in his leadership.

From time to time you might be tempted to question God's will for your life. You may think that he has made a mistake. However, ultimately what looks like a mistake to you now will be God's means to bring about something awesome and fulfilling.

God may call you to do a certain job or to carry out a very specific task or ministry. When this happens, God will make it very clear to you, ensuring that you know what it is. You will feel a very strong sense of leading from him. It's up to you to respond and walk through the door of opportunity he opens for you.

1 Corinthians 12:4 - "There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit."

1 Corinthians 12:7 - "Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good."

2 Timothy 4:5 - "But you, keep your head in all situations, ensure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."

God gives each of us a spirit gift, or maybe more than one and also a special ministry in the church. You can use your gifts to help and encourage others and to bring glory to God's name. These specific gifts help you fulfil the purpose which God has for you.

1 Corinthians 7:24 - "Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to."

The call to follow Jesus does not necessarily mean a call to a specific job or ministry. It may be that your calling is to follow and obey God. This is just as important , but equally something which people don't always recognise as a calling.

Ecclesiastes 11:9 - "Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgement."

God gives us the freedom to choose from many different paths over the course of our lives and to pursue many different activities. You must however be wise and remember that you will have to answer to God for everything that you do. Not everything you do in life is a call from God, but everything you do is accountable to God.


 

Can you handle being accountable to God???

No comments:

Post a Comment