I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 24 July 2011

The existence of hell

Matthew 7:13 - "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

Revelation 20:15 - "If anyone's name was not found written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire."

The biggest misconception about hell is that it doesn't exist. Just as we believed scientists when they taught us about gravity, we should all believe God when he tells us there is such a place as hell. Many people ask why such a merciful and caring God would send people to such a horrible place.

The truth is that God doesn't send anyone to hell; people chose to go there by their own rebellion and God honours their choice.

The Bible is clear. Sin is rebellion against God, and rebels can't live in a kingdom without causing chaos. The only way to avoid hell is to surrender to God and change from a rebel to a servant.

God then forgives us and lets us enter and live in his Kingdom forever. At the end of our earthly life, each of us will be judged for the choice we have made. And although God desperately wishes that no one should live in hell, he respects us enough to let us choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment