I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 28 July 2011

God's specific purpose for you life

Psalm 40:8 - "I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart,"

Acts 20:24 - "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task that the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

Romans 12:2 - "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Many people keep a 'to do' list with all the things they need to accomplish each day, week or year. Such lists often help bring a sense of purpose of life, helping life remain in focus and on target.

On a spiritual 'to do' list, one of a Christian's 'to dos' would be to identify the purpose of their life, the passion that God created inside of them.

According to the Bible, your purpose is to be inspired by a vision as to how God can best use you to accomplish his goals. God has a general purpose and a specific purpose for you. Your general purpose is to let the love of Jesus shine through you to make an impact on others. God has given you spiritual gifts and wants you to use them to make a unique contribution to life (Romans 12:6-8, Corinthians 12:4-11, 1 Peter 4:10-11). The more competently you fulfil your general purpose, the clearer your specific purpose will become.

The ultimate goal in life is not to reach the destinations you want, but to reach the destinations God wants for you. As you pursue your purpose as assigned by God, he promises that your life will have lasting meaning and significance.

Matthew 25:21 - "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!"

1 Corinthians 12:11 - "All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines."

God has given every individual special aptitudes and abilities. These provide the biggest clue to what God wants you to do. When he calls you, he will almost always allow you to use your God-given talents and spiritual gifts for a reason - to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment