I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Am I understanding the Bible right?

Matthew 13:23 - "But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown."

Colossians 1:6 - "All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all it's truth."

Many, if not all people, find the Bible a challenge to read at times for a multitude of reasons. To name a couple; it could be understanding the language or it could be having difficulty interpreting the Message.

You will know that you have understood correctly when the truth bears fruit in your life. In other words, true understanding of the Bible leads to a transformed living, your life will change in ways you would never have expected before your spiritual journey began.


 

Proverbs 10:31 - "The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom."

Proverbs 15:7 - "The lips of the wise spread knowledge; not so the hearts of fools."


 

If you are confused by a Scripture, just ask a fellow Christian or your pastor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment