I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 4 July 2011

What do you want out of life?

What do you want out of life?

Do you have a plan, vision, goal, idea?

What is it going to take for you to get it?

Are you hoping for something in particular?

What plans do you need to put into place?

We all need to relentlessly reach out to achieve our goals. It's part of the God factor. We were not made to be static beings. We were born to search, create, develop, plan and achieve. Every plan, vision, goal or idea takes patience and endurance.

We are not created by God for boring sameness.


 

Proverbs 29:18 - "Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom's instruction." - If you have no hope in your life then you become a hopeless case. Hope deferred makes the heart sick. We may sit waiting for God to give us a vision or a plan. It may happen this way, but the majority of times we ourselves need to grow a backbone and do it yourself. What God has in store for you will not just fall on your lap, you need to go out and search to get it. So many people passively wait around to see what is going to happen and end up disappointed. Get out there and seize what you desire!

Philippians 4:11-13 - "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." - What's the balance between contentment and reaching for your goals? Being content is ok, but it's equally and if more so important to have realistic dreams. Peter never got upset about where he was in his state of contentment but he was always looking forward to where he could be. He was essentially enjoying the journey on the way to where he was heading.

When someone has made a journey, they are a wise person to listen to about the journey which is why the Bible tells us to listen to old people.

When you have a vision or dream, you need to keep it in the forefront of your mind or life will suck it up and it is so easy for it to be lost.

Habakkuk 2:1 - "I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint." - Keeping God's vision at the forefront. Habakkuk was boldly complaining, he was weary of tired of waiting for something good to happen.

Habakkuk 2:2-3 - "Then the Lord replied "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald
may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time;  it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it;  it will certainly come and will not delay." - Your vision could be something as simple as a vision to decorate your home, sing in your church worship team, get married, or anything else that is in your mind. It doesn't have to be anything grandiose. God wants you to plan and he does not want fear to steal your visions. Fear is the demon spirit and you need to be aware and try to keep it out. The spirit of fear may attack you. It is so important that you open your mouth and speak the Word out loud at least once daily. There is power in saying and in writing the Word. Keep the vision strong in front of you. There will be times when you think you cannot fulfil your plan but keep strong. Words are creative, use them. We need to move away from discouraging words and attitudes and keep on the right path in order to fulfil your plans and visions.

2 Timothy 1:5-7 - "I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." God has not given you a spirit of fear but one of a sound mind and a spirit of courage and enthusiasm. God is faithful and will help you. He will fight your enemies. He is a vindicator. Trust in Him!

1 Samuel 3:1-3 - "The boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli. In those days the word of the Lord was rare; there were not many visions. One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was."

The lights were still on, there were still things to do but he had already gone to bed as he was weary, he had lost his edge.

1 Samuel 3:10-13 - "The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening." And the Lord said to Samuel: "See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears about it tingle. 
At that time I will carry out against Eli everything I spoke against his family from beginning to end.  For I told him that I would judge his family forever because of the sin he knew about; his sons blasphemed God, and he failed to restrain them." - Eli had got so passive and lazy in spirit that he wasn't dealing with issues that he needed to. His own sons were using prostitutes in the temple doorway and he wasn't bothered. Instead of dealing with the situation he just went to bed. Something was going very wrong here. Getting tired is a very bad attitude and if you adopt this attitude then you will regret it so much. Samuel was being called by God to replace Eli as God needed a man with fresh faith and some enthusiasm. As people age they pass the torch down the generations to keep it fresh. However, the right old person can keep it fresh and real due to the Holy Spirit within them.


 

Always have a goal for your future, a vision that you want to see happen. What do you see for yourself? What do you want out of life? Keep your dream out in front of you and pursue it with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment