I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 25 July 2011

How does the Holy Spirit help me?

1 Corinthians 2:12 - "We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us."

The Holy Spirit helps us to understand the deep truths of God. Without this essential guidance we would be stabbing in the dark. He convicts you of sin and shows you right from wrong, good from bad, and God's way versus the way of the world. The Holy Spirit shows you how to live an awesome life that pleases God.

Romans 8:26 - "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."

The Holy Spirit helps us to pray. You can take great comfort and have confidence in the fact that your prayers - as inadequate as they often are - are heard, understood and responded to through the loving intercession of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:16 - "The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."

1 Corinthians 6:19 - "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;"

The Holy Spirit gives you the power and desire to resist temptations that would dishonour God or hurt you. He also makes your worship of God more joyful and meaningful, and fills you with the assurance that you are a child of God, saved from sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment