I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 24 July 2011

Serving Others

Matthew 20:28 - "just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

Mark 10:43-44 - "Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all."

Galatians 5:13 - "You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love."

One of many popular notions of success in life is being able to afford the luxury of having servants. Jesus however turned this thinking on its head by teaching that the highest goal in life is to be a servant. He places such a high value on serving because it is 'others-centred' rather than self-centred; this is the essence of good Christian living.

When you are connected to Jesus, he turns your simple acts into something deep and full of purpose. For example he turns your small act of singing into a choir or a band ministering to a whole congregation. He turns tithing into a profound act of mercy that will touch the heart of the needy person who receives it.

When you step out to serve, God turns your simple acts of service into profound works for the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment