I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 2 July 2011

Submitting to God's control

Romans 8:6 - "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;"

Romans 8:9 - "You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Romans 6:14 - "For your sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law but under grace."

Romans 6:18 - "You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."

Galatians 6:8 - "The ones who sows to please his sinful mature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one of sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life."


 

There are many people and things which try to control us and our lives. However, God's control, through the work of his Holy Spirit, is the only control that ensures completely positive results. Therefore we need to ensure that we are submitting to the right person, especially in times of deep temptation.

Submission to God frees you to live a new life, one filled with purpose and fulfilment. Submission to God also results in total freedom from the power of sin and the guarantee of an eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment