I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 26 May 2011

Doing right

You are full of the righteousness of god and he would never expect to go out into the world and do right without the necessary equipment.

Romans 6:1 - "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?" Sin was a problem in life but grace was and always will be bigger than sin. When we receive Christ as our saviour we get a brand new nature, we become a new person on the inside that makes us alive to him. But we still have the devil pressing down on us, tempting us, offering us opportunities to be sinful. We need to learn to appreciate and accept how victories happen. we need to accept and enjoy the journey. The apostle Paul said "I have learnt to be content, to walk in love and give in to the temptation to do good". How amazing that must be to walk in love!

Galatians 2:20 Paul says " I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Paul was converted twenty years before he made that declaration. We don't need to wait that long, give ourselves up today. Let God give, help and smile down on you.

Don't ask God to do things for us that we could do for ourselves but just don't want to make the sacrifice. God shows us a need and he wants us to fulfil it so that we get the joy, peace and satisfaction. His job is to merely lead the way, remember that. God is not your servant. You are his!

Romans 6:2 - "By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?" In your heart you no longer want to sin but your flesh may want still want to. But the real, new, born again you does not want to sin, that is why you cannot do it comfortably and without being racked with guilt, unless of course you have a very hard heart and have a poor attitude to Holy Spirit.

Romans 6:4(Message) - "That's what baptism into the life of Jesus means. When we are lowered into the water, it is like the burial of Jesus; when we are raised up out of the water, it is like the resurrection of Jesus. Each of us is raised into a light-filled world by our Father so that we can see where we're going in our new grace-sovereign country". A water baptism symbolises the burial to old life and a resurrection to a new life thus making a declaration to enemy spirits that we are a whole new person who is a lot stronger and will habitually live in newness of life.

Romans 6:5-6 "For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin" - Your body/flesh is the instrument of your sin. If you don't understand the sort of creature that God has made you into you will never live up to his potential. You, yes you are amazing, you have a really good heart, God has given you his heart and put his spirit in you. He took your sin and gave you his righteousness. God wouldn't have given you all these gifts if he didn't want you to be so. We all have what it takes within us. Let it out! Say to yourself "I am a new creature in Christ, my sins are forgiven, I am learning, growing, being righteous and I am loved" Keep your mind on who you are in Christ constantly.

Romans 6:10-11 "The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus." Jesus died and took all of our sins with him. You do not need to sin. You should not sin. Instead, live a life free of sin and full of righteousness just as Jesus wished you to. You need to realise who you are in Christ and get the devil out of the equation for good.

Romans 7:15-16 "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good". Paul knew he was a born again man but he still felt he needed the covenant law to keep him on the straight n narrow.

Romans 7:17 " As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me." Your old nature may continue alongside your new nature for a while. You must understand the difference between body, mind and spirit. God is in your spirit and the devil works at you from the outside. Who will you yield to? We will become a slave to whoever or whatever we choose.

Put your trust in God and know that he will never ask you to do anything you cannot do. At times you may doubt your ability, but God hasn't.

whatever we give in to we become a slave to it whether that be a good or bad thing.

find it hard to show love to someone who they think doesn't deserve it for a reason, what to do? Romans 2:1 - God's righteous judgement - " You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." The same things that you judge other people for you will actually be doing yourself. Even if you are on the receiving end of someone's bad temper today then we may be able to turn the situation around. Let God show us how to love and to realise that people are not perfect (Hebrews 4). Jesus understands us and accepts our flaws. We can learn to not to react negatively to bad words and attitudes from others but react instead with the word of God.

You can never know on first glance what someone else is going through to cause their poor behaviour, it could be bad health, abuse or many other things. If we choose to react in love then God will be pleased.


 

How are you going to react next time someone treats you badly???

No comments:

Post a Comment