I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Live Holy


"Be holy, for I am holy".

We all have dark thoughts but if we fill our mind with fascination then they won't take over.

Humans want entertainment more than anything apart from food and water. Entertainment is the desire to fill a hole in our spirit. This is why we become preoccupied with God, to fill that hole that right way.

Without touching God is new ways we become spiritually bored and boring and that allows the enemy in. When our spirit is captivated with Jesus we can captivate others. When spiritually bored we are more at risk of the darkness. If you live fascinated then there is no need to become fascinated by dark things and immorality. Make your heart alive and lovesick for God. Everyone is weak and broken until the Holy Spirit touches us, but that will only happen if we want it.

Hebrews 11:25 - Moses chose to say no to the passing pleasure of sin. Sin is pleasurable but only momentarily. Sin is not more interesting than connecting with God, but at a moment of sin we may believe that due to the devil. The pleasure of God is superior to everything. But the Devil tempts us with sin and says we will get more satisfaction with him than seeking God. God will fulfil us in glorious ways. To quote John Piper "Sin is what we do when our hearts are not satisfied with God"
"God is most satisfied with us when we are happy in him". We have to deny the inferior pleasure of sin. We must aim to obey God 100%. There is a powerful, surprising dynamic that happens inside our heart when we pursue 100% obedience. We have to surrender our whole life, we can't keep anything back, i.e. choosing to obey in every way. We have to give our all to Christ.



Do you surrender???

No comments:

Post a Comment