I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 22 May 2011

Getting your day started right - 1

Please don't ever waste a day. If a day appears to be a bad day do your utmost to turn it around. Some people are very fruitful with their time and others waste their time day in day out. Once time ticks by we never get it back. Time machines do not exist! We need to strive to live every day as if it was our last one and live it to the fullest.

However for many of you, you keep hitting the snooze button, you can't find the car keys, you shout at the kids. You finally set off to work and you have to turn back as you left your cell phone at home somewhere. Not exactly a great start to the day is it? And the devil loves this. If you honest you know the devil will fight you on your time with God. Your personal time with God is more important than being in any church for it is in your own personal study that you become victorious, going to church just strengthens that. listening to a speaker once a week on a Sunday just isn't enough. No bible teaching in church will fall into place until we start spending time with God every day on our own. We need to establish a good daily routine to improve ourselves spiritually, fit in time for God. Mornings are good times, probably the best times before the children awake and the house is quiet. If all you offer is empty space in your day then the devil will gladly fill it.

Psalm 27:4 - "One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple" - You need God a lot more than you need a speaker, a leader, a friend. It doesn't so much matter what you do in time with God but the fact you give the time does a lot of good.

Every day is a fresh start. Start each day with thanksgiving. Sometimes things feel so much better on a morning than on an evening.

Psalm 5:3 " In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."- give God the first portion of your day when possible.

Lamentations 3:19 - " I remember my affliction and my wandering,  the bitterness and the gall"- First thing to do on a morning is to repent and lament for the failures of the day before and start each day afresh.


Psalm 100:4 - "Enter his gates with thanksgiving his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name" - Be thankful in your life and say so, not just to God but to people in your life, don't just criticise them instead tell them what pleases you and what you are grateful for. Open yourself up to receive God's mercy, don't stay angry at yourself, ask for forgiveness and receive mercy.

Ephesians 4:22-24 - "put off your old self.. and put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness" - The decisions you make early in the morning are like getting dressed spiritually. Do you spend as much time getting dressed spiritually as you do physically?


Colossians 3:12 -"clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience" The decisions that we make about how we are going to walk that day are how we get dressed in the spirit and this is far more important that the choice of suit we wear to the office.

Revelation 16:15 - " Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed."- Guard your clothes and your spiritual nakedness which is when the devil will strike.

Psalm 118:24 " The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad." - I am blessed.

Ephesians 6:11-18 -(selection)" Put on your full armour of God, your breastplate of righteousness, your belt of truth, shield of faith, your feet fitted with the readiness from the gospel of peace and your helmet of salvation". Receive the mercy of God and say to yourself that you are going to be bold in the Lord today and act as the person you truly are in Christ. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you from the inside.

Psalm 25:1 "  In you, Lord my God, I put my trust" - we need to dedicate and commit ourselves to the Lord each day.


 

What are you thankful for? Do you thank God for those things?

No comments:

Post a Comment