I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Your Mouth

Lord watch over me as I sin with my tongue.

Proverbs 6:6-8 "Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. 7 My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness.8 All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse." - I am going to pray and confess with my mouth but I will not let devil use my mouth to spread his evil.

Psalm 19:14 "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
- Let the words out of my mouth be acceptable to God, but when I make a mistake I must repent and truly repent.

The Bible tells us not to not judge, gossip, pass comment and criticise where it is not warranted.

Idle words that have no power or positivity are power draining words and there is no place for those in our life. By only speaking nice words we take the power away from the devil.

We must never criticise the weak or troubled, instead we must pray that they may be delivered from their situation.

James 1:26 "Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless". - by speaking ill you delude your heart and affect your joy. The Bible says we should not use the same mouth to curse men and to praise God. So we need to make a choice of whether to praise or curse.


 

When Jesus was about to go to the cross and in John 14 Jesus says I will not be talking with you much more. I am going to be under more pressure than anyone will ever know and the devil has no opening in my life and I am just going to keep quiet so as not to speak ill. The best thing to do when under pressure and are likely to speak ill is to take yourself somewhere quiet to renew your mind.

Once we have spoken our words we cannot take them back so we have to be mindful about what comes out of our mouths. Our words are an indicator of a level of our spiritual maturity.

Make a decision to keep your mouth so busy blessing so that there is no room for the wrong words to come in.


 

Curse or praise - make your choice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment