I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 15 April 2011

The renewal of life

Ephesians 4:22

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


With God's mercy it is 100% possible to recover from any trauma. Nancy Alcorn regular witnesses healing of the girls in her houses at the hands of God. It is possible to recover from years of abuse knowing that God will extend mercy and grace to you. Some sexual abuse survivors recover so far that they begin to see themselves as a virgin in God's eyes. This is amazing and I would love one day to hear such a testimony.

If we confess our sins God will cleanse us without exception. A prostitute can confess and be made pure again by the blood of Jesus. A murderer may confess his sins and become pure and whole again by the virtue of Jesus. God's love and forgiveness surmounts all.

I am on a journey of healing myself, healing from childhood sexual abuse and the closer I grow to God the deeper and more rewarding the journey becomes. I have witnessed many changes and I now know that one day I will be perfectly renewed, cleansed and restored. A day which will be celebrated!


No comments:

Post a Comment