I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Don't let the past determine your future.

Isaiah 43:18-19

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

God wants us to move forward. He wants us to lead fulfilled lives, lives with purpose. Too much time is spent dwelling on the past whether the past is filled with trauma or not. Exclamations such as "if only" and "what if" enter our minds. We need to banish them for they serve no purpose in our future. We need to accept that the past has happened but that it doesn't have to shape our future - God will do that. Hear him, listen to him, he will lead the way to The Promised Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment