I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 30 April 2011

Eliminating mental stress

Don't be so afraid of feeling uncomfortable for a bit. If you do what you can do, God will do what you can't do or facilitate it so that you can do it. I think that we don't realise how powerful our thoughts and words can be. God is so powerful and he bounces off our positive words and thoughts.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 tells us that we can control our thoughts. If we are conscious enough we can recognise our negative thinking implanted by the devil invading our mind and can seek to change it. The more you speak it the more you think it, the more it will happen and the more you will believe it. Positive can win over negative. Thoughts don't have to remain distressing and blue when God is in your life.


Philippians 4:4-9 "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice" . You can think yourself happy. If you want to be happy get yourself off your mind. Think on good things. Try to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Focus on the good things in your life, not the bad things. 4:6 "continue to make your wants known to God". The bible tells us to continue to pray about what is causing us mental distress and God will help us to find peace. You've got what it takes to eliminate the distress, you just need to believe it.

Jeremiah 4:14 " Jerusalem, wash the evil from your heart and be saved. How long will you harbour wicked thoughts?" Jeremiah is imploring us to take a reality check and decide how long we are going to have negative thinking and make ourselves unhappy for? An interesting question. Sometimes we find ourselves in a particular mindset or train of thinking and we become comfortable with it. In a state of total despair, negativity and helplessness it can be very, very hard to make that first step into turning your mind. But I implore you my dear friends, put your trust in Christ, let Jesus take you by the hand and there will be no regrets, just gratitude and joyfulness at having made this awesome decision.

Romans 13:14 " Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh". We are urged to put a stop to thinking about the evil cravings that sneak up on us in life at times. Don't let the devil in. Don't purposely put temptation in your own path. I'm an alcoholic, a dry alcoholic. I am confident in myself that I will never drink again in my life but despite that faith in myself I will not put myself in a situation which could jeopardise my strength. So for example you will never meet me in a night club or in a pub late at night. I do not keep alcohol in my home. I don't spend time around drunk people or people who only talk about drunken exploits. I am keeping the devil away. I am ensuring that the devil does not put irresistible, evil cravings in my way. In effect, I am taking control and empowering myself. It isn't your outer life that impresses God, it's what is going on inside of you that impresses him. Nothing can be hidden from God. He knows my mental strengths and weaknesses and he knows yours too.

Matthew 12:34-39 - A lot of your problems in life are related to the fruit that you have. Instead of picking up the fallen fruit dig up the tree instead by the roots. Get to the root of the problem - your thinking - nothing is going to change in our life if your thinking doesn't. Don't mask the problems or hide from them. The flesh doesn't want any part in anything that takes any effort. Sometimes we need to give ourselves a spiritual deep clean in order to begin to make progress with our new way of thinking. Get rid of the What ifs in our lives. Don't look for reasons to get angry, walk in faith and put a positive spin on things. You can think yourself happy or you can think yourself miserable. The more you think right the more stress you are going to relieve from your life.

God has given us everything we need to be happy. Use it!









No comments:

Post a Comment