I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

I'll be happy when...

We live in a time where true happiness is always around the corner, or so we think. True happiness will come when I win the Lotto jackpot, when I finally give birth to a girl - I have 5 boys but I want a girl, when my mum buys me some Jimmy Choo shoes and so on. We are so focused on the vague possibilities in the future bringing us happiness when we ought to be looking at the present and finding happiness there, because believe me it IS there. Sadly too few of us choose to see it and we focus on the sadness and negatives of our present life. I urge you to try, just for one day to begin with to look for the positives in your day. The moments that bring a smile to your face, a flutter in your heart, a laugh or a feeling of contentment. Don't wait for the supposed tomorrow to bring you happiness. BE HAPPY NOW!!! Come on, what's stopping you? Really, what is stopping you?? Your attitude belongs to you and you can have a positive one if you want to.

God loves you unconditionally, everlastingly, and he wants an intimate, personal relationship with you, he has good plans for your life. If you have a bad attitude you cannot have a good relationship with God.

James 5:7 Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains.

The farmer puts his seed in the ground and waits. He keeps up his patient vigil. He doesn't become disheartened and impatient. We need to keep a vigil on our dreams. Plant our own seed and wait. The devil cannot stop us from getting from god wants us to have.

Enjoy where you're at on the way to where you are going and don't wait to be happy - be happy now!



No comments:

Post a Comment